As a third-generation member of the founding family, Laurent Mathiot is the CEO of holding company OCIM Finance.
Laurent Mathiot holds several high-profile graduate degrees in Finance and Economics from prestigious schools both in France and the United States of America.
In 1989, he graduated with an actuarial degree from the Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique (“ENSAE”), one of the leading French graduate schools in the fields of statistics, economics, finance, and actuarial science. Upon graduating, Laurent won the Prix du meilleur mémoire financier for his actuarial thesis, which presented an alternative approach to the valuation of options.In 1993, he graduated on the Dean’s List with an MBA in Finance from the The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Over the years, Mathiot’s successful career in the finance and banking sectors has included the following position: has achieved a successful career in the Finance and Banking sectors:
- 1989-1991: Analyst at prestigious investment bank Banque Paribas
- 1992-1997: CFO of L’Immobilière de Crédit
- 1997-2001: Deputy General Manager of the Real Estate holding company of the Mathiot Family Group
- 2001-2009: Managing Director of a London-based private equity investment vehicle that was part of the diversification of the Mathiot Family Group investments.
Mathiot also has significant experience in trading and marketing Precious Metals & Stones:
- 2009-2012: Laurent founded and managed Auraria, a company specializing in the trading and marketing of investment gold. Auraria experienced strong and profitable growth and was awarded a French national prize for innovation in 2011.
- 2012-2016: Laurent founded and managed Adamia, a company based in Antwerp and affiliated with the prestigious World Federation of Diamond Bourses. He introduced the concept of investment diamonds and traded high-value stones globally. During this period, he also participated in a Belgian economic mission in Asia with Princess Astrid and Vice Prime Minister Reynders.
In 2016, Laurent returned to France and became the CEO of holding company OCIM Finance, part of the OCIM Group, established by the Mathiot family in 1961 and based in Paris. OCIM Group’s core areas of business are real estate development and management.
OCIM Finance recently sold to major institutional investors a large real estate portfolio of assets representing a yearly transaction value about 10% of the French residential market.
Since 2018, Laurent has diversified the activities of OCIM Group into Precious Metals Trading; OCIM Precious Metals SA, based in Geneva, is a Precious Metals Merchant and Financier experiencing a strong growth.